Thursday, January 28, 2010

And the answer is....

Well, here it is, January 28th. It's been 29 days since I started my last period. A little longer than usual. For the most part I've been feeling like my normal self. Although, I have been a little tired this week. But not so out of the ordinary tired. I decide I can't contain myself anymore and stop by the store on the way home. I had to pick up some stuff to go w/ dinner anyway. I wait for Tommy to get home, even though I really want to get this show on the road. I start cutting up the chicken (for burritos), and Tommy soaks in the tub. He pulled a muscle in his lower back. I finally go into the bathroom so we can do this thing together. I'm tired of the disappointment, but this time I'm okay. I know I'll be bummed, but also know that our life is great the way it is and we will continue forward with our girls.

I do it, I pee on the stick! Pop the lid back on, clean it up & watch as the fluid flows into the circle area. Two lines I'm pregnant, one I'm not. Immediately that first line appears..."No Way!" I laugh, I smile, I'm in total shock!!! Two lines! We're having a baby!!! Another baby!!! Our last baby!!! So many emotions. Excitement, joy, fear, uncertainty, happiness, shock! You name it, I'm feelin' it. I go back downstairs to finish cooking dinner. Tommy comes down and puts his hands on my tummy & gives me a kiss.

We've told the girls, our parents, and a few friends. Well, I've told a few friends. The girls are happy. The first thing Brielle asked was if it was going to be a boy or a girl. Then she said if it's a boy we should name it Tommy and if it's a girl we should name it Brielle. Very cute! When I was tucking her into bed tonight we talked a little more about it. She says, "Mom, will I still be me?" Awwww...of course you will sweetheart. It's going to be hard looking at this through her eyes, but I'm going to do my best to make this a joyful transition for her.

According to the online calculators my due date is October 7, and my baby is the size of a poppy seed.

I am so excited that I get to continue with my baby journey. This is not the end, but only the beginning of this wonderful miracle. I'm glad I have you all to share it with. All the wonderful (and not so wonderful) things about pregnancy. Even more, I'm glad I have a place to document it all. Now I will forever remember this day.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. So happy for you, can't wait to hear all about this wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations Sara!! I was wondering if it was going to happen this month. Secretly, I was hoping it would. =) I am so happy for you and LOVE that you are sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SARA!!! Congratulations, Im so happy for you guys!!! Seriously, I just screamed "OMG" and Tim came running in to see if I was ok. LOL I am over joyed for you guys and am so thrilled we get to share this with you! I cant wait to hear all about it! ;)

    ReplyDelete