Thursday, November 19, 2009

Taking "baby" steps

Today I called my Primary Care Dr. to see if I should discontinue taking the medication I am on. I'm currently taking an SSRI. In other words, an anti-depressent. It's really helped, but I've been taking it for a while, so hopefully I won't go too crazy w/out it. The advise was to stop taking it, so I will continue to stop taking it. I've been off it for at least a week. I was never good at taking it daily anyway. I also placed a call to a Dr. that two of my friends have seen for their pregnancies. I hear she's really good, so if she's available I'm gonna give it a go. However, just so happens that the office is closed on Thursdays, so I'll try again tomorrow morning.

A few nights ago I had a conversation w/ my 9-year-old. She is one of those kids who is so sweet, but also needs to constantly know that she is loved. I didn't want her to feel like a new addition would push her away, or that she wouldn't get the attention she needs. Also, a new baby would mean eventually she would have to give her room up and move downstairs. She would be the only one downstairs. That can't be a good feeling. So I had to tread lightly. And with her, well, she doesn't like suprises in that regard. She needs time to prepare. Ends up she's good w/ the idea. After I told her what a wonderful big sister she already is. And that with a room downstairs she will have more privacy. Currently our oldest is in that room, but with her plans to go to college in the fall, the room will be availalbe.

I talked to my husband last night about him talking to her (our oldest). It never even crossed his mind. I told him I will do it, but I think it would mean more coming from him. Or, we can both do it together, which might be the best option. I guess I'm just feeling like I want them to know. Since it's a decision that will affect us all at some level. I just like being open & having it out there.

I haven't talked to my parents about it yet. I figure it's just one of those things that will come up in conversation. I'm not going to place a special phone call just to let them know that we've decided to start trying. It's not like we're even pregnant yet. It really could take quite a while.

I've told a few friends, not many though. Oh how I want to send my blog link to everyone. I just haven't gathered the courage to put it out there like that yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment